1. Occasionally surprise your spouse with simple gifts. Nothing wins hearts more than unexpected gifts.
2. Be calm during arguments. “A moment of patience in a moment of anger prevents a thousand moments of regret.”- Ali (may Allah be pleased with him).
3. If your spouse is not beautiful then no worries. You will notice that even the men with the most beautiful wives will still be looking at other women. So, this world can never fulfill the desires of humans. Cherish and be happy with who you have in this world.
4. Exchange smiles, hugs and quality time with each other often. That is, spend more time with your family than with smartphones, tablets and computers.
5. Be a source of comfort for each other. Everyone has good and bad days and being able to share it with someone is truly a great blessing. If you are going through difficulty at work, school, with finances, etc. share the story with your spouse and seek his/her advice and prayers.