Bass is one of North America’s favorite game fish. Who wouldn’t love a fresh bass fried with Indian spices? Here is the recipe I use to make a delicious bass dinner after a good day fishing. Enjoy!
2 fresh bass (1 to 2lbs), scaled, gutted, cleaned (whole or cut into 1″ pieces)
1 teaspoon red chili pepper powder (more if you like it hotter)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 Onion, sliced into thin pieces
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, mix all the spices with the fish with exception to the onion.
- Using a fry pan, heat the oil on medium heat
- Once oil is heated, place the fish pieces and fry uncovered.
- Turn over the fish every 3 to 5 minutes very carefully, ensuring not to break the pieces.
- After about 10 minutes of frying, spread out the sliced onions over all the pieces. The sliced onions being fried along with the fish will give a rich flavor to the fish.
- Keep frying until all the fish pieces are cooked. Usually between 20-30 mins at medium heat.
- Serve with rice.