The most selfish 1 letter word – I – avoid it. The most satisfying 2 letter word – We – use it. The most poisonous 3 letter word – Ego – kill it. The most used 4 letter word – Love – value it. The most pleasing 5 letter word – Smile – keep it. […]
Roasted Leg of Lamb
I was never a big fan of lambs until I had an opportunity to roast a leg of lamb. Being an amateur cook, it was quite messy handling such a large piece of meat but what can I tell you, the struggle paid off at dinner time :). SubhanAllah, it was heavenly!
- Halal Lamb leg, typically 5 to 7 pounds with the bone-in
- Olive Oil, 3 to 4 Tablespoons
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic, 6-8 clove
- If the lamb leg is frozen, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the lamb leg on the roasting pan and rub the olive oil all over the meat.
- Season the meat by liberally sprinkling freshly ground black pepper.
- Make garlic paste or minch the garlic and apply on meat.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Cover the roasting pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the roasting pan containing the lamb leg on the lower rack of the oven.
- Set timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, flip the lamb leg, cover pan loosely with aluminum foil and place back into the oven. Set timer for another 30 minutes.
- Now, the meat has been cooked for an hour. Ensure that the meat is not burning along the edges. If so, put a quarter glass of water in the pan. Since lamb legs are thick, additional time is required to ensure the meat has been cooked thoroughly. Set timer for another 25 minutes.
- Once you have determined that the meat is thoroughly cooked, uncover the pan and remove the aluminum foil.
- Place the pan on the upper rack of the oven and set oven to Broil. Broil for 3-5 minutes and then flip over the leg. Broil for another 3-5 minutes.
- Once the cooking has been completed, remove and curve the leg using a knife.
- Enjoy your meal!
If you liked the recipe, please share your comments below.
Leave a Reply