The most selfish 1 letter word – I – avoid it. The most satisfying 2 letter word – We – use it. The most poisonous 3 letter word – Ego – kill it. The most used 4 letter word – Love – value it. The most pleasing 5 letter word – Smile – keep it. […]
Spicy Channel Catfish Curry
Channel catfish are native to the Nearctic, being well distributed in lower Canada and the eastern and northern United States, as well as parts of northern Mexico. They have also been introduced into some waters of landlocked Europe and parts of Malaysia and almost as many parts of Indonesia. Channel catfish can be cooked in several ways and is a delicacy among many cultures. Here is a spicy channel catfish recipe which brings the best out of this fish and you will really enjoy.
1 Channel Catfish (3 lbs), skinned, gutted, cleaned (cut into 1″ pieces)
1 tbsp red chili pepper powder (more if you like it hotter)
1.5 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 Onion, sliced into thin pieces
1 cup of Coriander Leaves
2 Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
6 Green Chillis
Salt to taste
3 tbsp oil (vegetable or sunflower)
- On a large frying pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Place the sliced onion on the heated oil and fry for 2 minutes.
- Put in the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and mix with the oil and onion. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour in a 1/4 cup of water into the pan for the spices to loosen up. It may sizzle a little.
- Put the fish into the pan. Apply the spice on all the fish pieces.
- Apply salt.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes, occasionally turning over the fish carefully.
- Put in the sliced tomatoes, green chilies and the coriander leaves. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Leave a Reply